Today’s New Norm
CSA Leadership has been set up to help leaders learn how to lead successfully in today’s choppy waters of unprecedented and continual change and challenge.
As Barrett C Brown (2013) noted from a recent IBM Global CEO Survey:
“the great majority of CEO”s expect that business complexity is going to increase, and that more that half doubt their ability to manage it. The sheer difficulty of keeping a corporation afloat in such turbulent economic, political, and social water is beyond most leaders experience and mental capacity”
A quick look at some key statistics shows why:
- 58% of new executives fail with 18 months of taking up post (Source: HBR Study, 2003)
- 89% of new employees admit that they do not have the full set of skills or knowledge to do their jobs (Source: Corporate Executive Board, 2005)
- Only 30% of CEO’s are confident that they have the talent needed to grow their organization in the near future (PWC Trends in Human Capital, 2012)
- Worldwide only 13% of employees are actively engaged (Source: HBR: State of the Global Workplace, 5th November 2013). The majority of employees are with not engaged or disengaged.
- Only 15% of leaders sampled showed a consistent capacity to innovate and to successfully transform their organisations (Source: Torbet, Rooke and Fisher, 2000)
- There is a 50% overuse of our planet’s resources to sustain our current levels of consumption (Source: Scharmer and Kaufin, 2013)